FABIG event: Innovations for the Prevention, Detection, Control and Mitigation of Fires and Explosions
Published: 20 May, 2010
A FABIG meeting on 'Innovations for the Prevention, Detection, Control and Mitigation of Fires and Explosions' will take place on 15 and 16 June 2010 in London, Aberdeen and via webcast.
The meeting will cover "Innovations for the Prevention, Detection, Control and Mitigation of Fires and Explosions" and will be a half-day event held on Tuesday 15 June 2010 in London and via webcast and on Wednesday 16 June in Aberdeen (registering for the webcast also enables subsequent access to a video recording of the event for 2 weeks).
The programme for the event includes:
- Real time emergency response through source determination and 3D dispersion modelling
- Amita Tripathi, Thibault Maillard, Malo Le Guellec - Fluidyn
- Large flammable vapour clouds - how they form… and what the risks are
- Graham Atkinson - Health & Safety Laboratory
- Investigation of the use of active explosion mitigation systems in congested geometries
- Brian Wilkins, Kees van Wingerden - Gexcon
- Lastfire project - large storage tank fires - an update on incident experience and related research
- Niall Ramsden - Resource Protection International
- Control of boilovers during tank fires using additives prior to and during emergency response
- Jeanne van Buren - Rotterdam Port District Fire Services
The final programme comprising the detailed schedule will be available shortly on the FABIG website. The presentations are expected to take place between 13.30 and 17.15 (registration and lunch will start at 12.30).
Members of most engineering institutions can count FABIG Technical Meetings as Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Attendance certificates are issued to delegates upon request.
You can find more information and register for the event online at the FABIG website at http://www.fabig.com/events. Attendance is free of charge for FABIG members and £350 + VAT per person for non-members. For non-members, the fee to attend the live webcast is £200 + VAT per person.
For more information regarding registration, please contact Lis Oliver on: email@example.com or +44 (0) 1344 636 537.