The 3rd Shanghai International Disaster Reduction and Security Exhibition 2011 & The 2nd Shanghai Summit of Disaster Reduction and Security Industry
Published: 07 February, 2012
The 3rd Shanghai International Disaster Reduction and Security Exhibition 2011 (“SIDRS 2011” for short) & The 2nd Shanghai Summit of Disaster Reduction and Security Industry successfully ended at 17:00 on Oct. 14, 2011.
The event was organized by Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce and Sichuan Dujiangyan Municipal People’s Government; co-organized by National Disaster Reduction Center of Ministry of Civil Affairs; supported by United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, Department of International Trade and Economic Affairs of Ministry of Commerce, Department of Earthquake Disaster Emergency Response and Rescue of China Earthquake Administration, Chengdu Municipal People’s Government of Sichuan Province, Sichuan Provincial Department of Commerce, Department of Commerce of Qinghai Province and Department of Commerce of Gansu Province; undertaken by Shanghai International Advertising & Exhibition Co., Ltd.
I. Main Features of the Exhibition
1. SIDRS received more support and involvement from both international and domestic parties, with rapid increase of distinguished guests for the Opening Ceremony.
Main leaders and distinguished guests attending the Opening Ceremony included: YU Jianhua, Minister Assistant of Ministry of Commerce; SHA Hailin, Deputy Secretary General of Shanghai Municipal Government, Director of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce; Valerie Amos, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs/Emergency Relief Coordinator; Mahinda Amaraweera, Minister of Ministry of Disaster Management (Sri Lankan); SHAN Chunchang, Counselor of the State Council, Leader of Emergency Management Expert Team of the State Council, Deputy Director of National Council of Disaster Reduction Expert Committee; LIU Xiaochuan, Deputy Director of Science and Technology Committee of Ministry of Public Security, Executive Director of Police Science Society of China and Honorary President of China Security & Protection Industry Association; H.E. Dato’ Misran Karmain, Deputy Secretary General of ASEAN for Community and Corporate Affairs; CHU Shijia, Resident Commissioner in Shanghai from Ministry of Commerce; ZHU Hong, Deputy Director General of Department of International Trade & Economic Affairs of the Ministry of Commerce; Jacinto Rigoberto Gomes de Deus, Secretary of State for Social Assistance and Natural Disasters (East Timorese); Mr. Hans Jochen Blätte, Chairman of German Fire Protection Association; Mr. Oliver Lacey-Hall, OCHA Head of Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific; WANG Xinping, Deputy Director of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce; WANG Hongbo, Envoy of China’s U.N. Delegation; WANG Qing, Vice Mayor of Sichuan Dujiangyan.
The attendance also included representatives from over 40 countries and business officer of consulates in Shanghai. In addition, honored guests also included Christine Mueller, Head Manager of German Delegations of Industry and Commerce ; Mine Shintaro, Resident Chief Representative in Shanghai of Japan External Trade Organization; Mr. Asep Djembar Muhammad, Special Assistant of Coordinating Ministry for People’s Welfare, The Republic of Indonesia; Dr. Vallop, Asian Professional Security Association; JING Xiaobo, Deputy Inspector of Operation Inspection & Coordination Bureau of Ministry of Industry and Information Technology; LI Jianping, Secretary General of China Security & Protection Industry Association; SONG Jiahui, Director of Rescue & Salvage Bureau of Ministry of Transport; TAO Junsheng, Director of Police Air Management Office of Ministry of Public Security etc.
Mr. SHA Hailin, Mr. YU Jianhua and Ms. Valerie Amos respectively addressed and congratulated on the Opening of SIDRS 2011 on behalf of Organizer and Supporters. The Opening Ceremony was chaired by WANG Xinpei, Deputy Director of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce and emceed by PU Shaohua, Division Chief of Foreign Trade Developing Department of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce. More than 500 people participated in the Opening Ceremony including professionals coming from over 40 countries of industries as civil defence, earthquake, meteorology, emergency together with representatives of exhibitor and media.
2. Exhibition area tripled with more specified classification
SIDRS 2011 has the exhibition area of 10,000 sqm, increased 233% by last year. The exhibitors total up to 181, increased 248%. The exhibition area is divided into Support Equipment and Technology, Emergency Supplies, Fire Protection & Equipment, Emergency Communication Equipment, Rescue Technology & Equipment, Emergency Medical Service, Information Security, TIEMS, Post-Disaster Reconstruction Photography and Outdoor Exhibition Area.
3. Total and international visitors increased largely
SIDRS 2011 has the total number of visitors as 6795, increased 663% compared with 891 of last year. Overseas visitors reached 530, increased 1728% compared with 29 of last year.
4. On-site deal achieved zero breakthrough with more intended deals
The amount of SIDRS 2011 totals 57. 61 million RMB, increased 55.7% compared with 37 million RMB last year. The onsite deal totals 17.61 million RMB and the intended deal is 40 million RMB.
5. Synchronous conferences and forums increased with higher level and greater influence
There are totally 8 forums for SIDRS 2011, including: (1) 2011 Humanitarian Partnership Workshop for the Asia-Pacific Region; (2) Shanghai Information Security Conference for Vital Information System—The 1st Shanghai Information Security Week; (3) The 2nd Shanghai Summit of Disaster Reduction and Security Industry; (4) 2011 International (Shanghai) Forum on Metropolitan Public Safety in Conjunction with The 2nd Annual Conference of TIEMS CHINA Chapter; (5) The 1st East Forum on First Aid, Severe Illness & Disaster Medicine; (6) Air Medical & Rescue Congress China 2011; (7) The 6th National Emergency Communication Seminar 2011; (8) 2011 Shanghai City Development and Disaster Reduction Forum (Commemorative Meeting for “International Disaster Reduction Day”).
6. Interaction between Humanitarian Partnership Workshop and SIDRS
In order to further promote the international prestige for SDRS, the Networking Party was held by SDRS Secretariat at 18:30 on Oct. 12 at Grand Ballroom of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel. Firstly, Mr. SHA Hailin delivered the toast. The Workshop representatives and exhibitors had close communication and positive interaction. In addition, the Workshop representatives were appointed as Advisors for SDRS with Letter of Appointment by the SDRS Secretariat in light of their distinguished contribution and international influence. The representatives and SIDRS exhibitors had cordial talks and interactions, which showed the characteristic of “International Platform, Global Cooperation” of SIDRS.
7. International enterprises showcased their advancing equipment and technology for disaster reduction
During SIDRS 2011, American invested Erickson Company brought the latest helicopter with cutting-edge technology, which is used for forest and high-rise firefighting in many countries and various industries. The Japanese invested Secom (China) Co., Ltd. Brought the world’s leading integrated security management system; NK-HATSUTA International Trading Co., Ltd. brought the fire-protection equipment based on the idea of “ECO, Universal Design, Quality”; Mishima Electronic Co., Ltd. brought the water-powered lighting equipment for emergency use; Dutch invested ACD Company brought the multi-use tent and shelter products.
8. Domestic enterprises show latest equipment and technology for disaster reduction
In addition to the new products and technology brought by international companies, domestic companies also showed their competitive items. The 72-meter pump truck brought by Sany Group is the world’s leading excavating equipment, which played a huge role in the rescue of Fukushima Daiichi, Japan; Huzhou Shentai Technology Co., Ltd. brought the movable survival capsule for family use; Shanghai Ji Sheng brought the world’s first comprehensive motorless water machine which enables sewage for recycling use; Liyang Zhengxiang Precision Machinery Co., Ltd. brought the latest anti-quake bed, providing triangular protection with alarm for people under certain earthquake intensity; Beijing Jinqiu Company brought the various product for military support and emergency rescue.
In the Outdoor Exhibition Area, besides the helicopter brought by Erickson, Shanghai VSAT Network Systems brought the first-class Emergency Communication Platform, ensuring fluent communication for emergency use; Beijing CAAH Noter Communication Technology brought the remote control system for emergency rescue and fire alarm.
II. Testimonials of overseas organizations
1. Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs/Emergency Relief Coordinator, Valerie Amos said, “You have put together a truly impressive exhibition here today; which very much lives up to its international reputation. This event showcases the state of the art in emergency response products and services. China and other countries in the region have a wealth of knowledge and resources to give. Thank you again for your kind welcome, and I wish you a prosperous and successful exhibition.”
2. OCHA Head of Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, Mr. Oliver Lacey Hall said, “The Shanghai disaster exhibition is a great success. It is not easy to attract so many exhibitors at third edition.
3. Chairman of German Fire Protection Association, Mr. Hans Jochen Blätte highly appreciated the classification of the exhibition area and attracted by the innovative products and new technology. He would like to get further cooperation with SIDRS and promote the exhibition in Germany.
4. Chief Representative in Shanghai of Japan External Trade Organization, Mine Shintaro congratulated on the opening of SIDRS 2011 and may the exhibition to further enhance the international reputation and promote the progress of China’s development in disaster reduction industry.
5. Senior manager of Delegations of German Industry & Commerce, Christine Mueller expressed that the site layout and classification of pavilions is very reasonable. This is a very professional and authoritative international exhibition. He was surprised by the organizing work of the organizer and government resources it has and will continue to support the show.
6. Chairman of Asian professional Security Association Thailand chapter, Dr. Vallop Kingchansilp highly appreciated the organizing committee for its services and excellent organization and coordination. He was showed strong interests in the products showcased at the show and will further collaborate with the show.
7. The assistant of Spanish Chamber of Commerce, Antonio Fernandez said, “I am surprised to see the show space tripled this year. This is a very professional show I ever seen. It has big potential in the future.”
III. Exhibitor’s response
Dongfeng (Hangzhou) Motor Co., Ltd:
Excellent Organization and services
Quick response to exhibitor’s problem
Shanghai National Defense Industry Association:
Staff of the show is very enthusiastic and can solve the problem quickly.
Beijing Haideneng Technology Co., Ltd.:
This exhibition is a very good platform for communication among professionals. We can learn the latest of the industry and get in touch with many potential clients. We will participate in the show again next year.
SHANGHAI HYGLOVES CO.,LTD:
We reached a 50000 deal at the show and following up 4 potential clients. Hope the show will become the most important one in the industry in China.
Liyang Zhengxiang Precision Machinery CO., LTD:
We signed agency agreement with agent in Shanghai, Nanjing and Jiangsu area and reached the expectations from the show.
Ⅳ. Media’s response
A number of media reported the show on site, such as Jiefang Daily, Wenhuibao, Xinmin Evening News, SMG, The first financial TV, Dragon TV, Shanghai People’s Bradcasting, Shanghai Daily, Shanghai Morning Post, Evening News, Youth Daily, Labor newspaper,People’s Daily, China Daily, Economic Daily etc. About 14 international magazines and website also reported on the show, such as Safety Equipment Review、Cuadernos De Seguridad、Safe Secure、PSS Magazine、Fire Safety and Security、Fire & Rescue、IndiaSafe.